The Institute has published several books, policy analysis reports, manuals and guides for the legislature on areas of legislative oversight and legislative drafting , legislative practice and procedure, gender and leadership training manual, induction manual for new legislators and a code of ethics for the National Assembly. Others include important research and policy analysis reports, annual reviews of Federal Government’s Revenue and Expenditure Plans and Budget Analysis.
Some of NILDS’ important publications include the following:
- A Century of Law Making In Nigeria (7 Volumes)
- 40 Years in Ecowas
- The National Assembly And Democratic Governance In Nigeria
- Legislative Oversight: A Study Of Performance In Nigeria National Assembly
- Committees In The Nigeria National Assembly: A Study Of The Performance Of Legislative Functions 2003-2010
- National Assembly Gender Strategy & Training Manual
- Legislative Oversight Manual
- Legislative Practice and Procedure
- Induction Manual for New Legislators
- Code of Ethics for the National Assembly
- 14 years of law making 4th-6th national assembly: an analysis of bills processed vols 1-4
- Annual Reviews of Government Revenue and Expenditure Plans
- Removal Process of the Chief Executive under the 1999 Constitution
- Nigeria’s Social Indicators for Policy and Legislative Guide
- The East-Asian Export Driven Economics Growth: Lesson for Nigeria
- Various Reports of Senate Retreats: 2007, 2008, 2009
- Committees in the Nigeria National Assembly: a Study of the Performance of Legislative Functions
- Assessing Legislation: a Manual for Legislators
- Various Reports of Retreats on Budget for Appropriation and Finance Committee of the National Assembly
- National Assembly Statistical Information vol. 2 no. 1, 2008
- Report of Stakeholders Interfaces i & ii on a Public Communication Policy for the National Assembly
- Nigeria State Assemblies: a Study of Legislative Activities 2006-2007
- Nigeria State Assemblies: a Study of Legislative Activities 1999-2005
- National Statistical Information vol.3, 2009
- National Assembly of Nigeria Directory 6th National Assembly (2007-2011) – vols. 1-5
- Nigeria Journal of Legislative Affairs vols. 1-6
- Review of the 2013 – 2015 Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) and fiscal strategy paper (FSP) of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- Delays in Enactment of Appropriation Bills in Nigeria: Implications for Capital Budgets Implementation.
- Analysis of Pro-Poor Components of Annual Budget of Federal Government of Nigeria, 2000-2011
- The International Conference on Law Reform & Law Making Process
- Assessing Legislation Manual, a Manual for Legislators
In addition to general Library and Information Services such as borrowing books out to eligible users of the institute, providing conducive atmosphere for study and learning, inter library loan, the unit provides the following special services:
* Selective Dissemination of Information, (SDI) to various units,
* Current Awareness Services (CAS) particularly on political issues, legislation, and parliamentary affairs,
* Indexing and Abstract Services,
* Bibliographic services,
* Electronic Reference Services etc.
The beneficiaries of the Library’s services are:
NASS Staff and Legislators
NILS P.G. Students,
Researchers from within and outside Nigeria, and
All other duly registered members.
Rules and Regulations
All eligible users are to register with the library.
Users are allowed to borrow only two books for a period of one week.
Users must present their ID cards before borrowing any item from the library.
All reference and serial collections are to be used within the library premises.